Little Infants are the most amazing and loveable creatures in this whole wide world. Babies have 5 times more sensitive skin than an adult so they also need extra special care of every expect either clothing or baby products that we are using for them. If you are confused of what to shop for your new born baby then you don’t need to be embarrassed or worried because there are plenty of parents like you out there.
Many first time parents find themselves confused when it comes to buying clothes for their infant. From my experience I am telling you that buying clothes for these little adorable babies is a very exciting task. From the experience of raising 2 kids I would like to share some do’s and don’ts while buying clothes for your infant.
1. Give Priority to Fabric:-
There are varieties of fabrics available in the market for sensitive baby Skin. Always keep in mind that a baby’s skin is much more sensitive than you can even think of, that is the reason why parents must look for soft smooth and skin friendly fabric. You can turn the cloth inside out and feel the softness with your hand. Babies get rashes to easily so try to avoid harsh and scratchy stuff, they can harm baby’s soft skin. So cotton is the best option. Cotton cloth gets shrunk 10% after the first wash; buy 1 or two size ahead than your actual baby size.
2. Comfortable Clothes Gives You Happy Baby:-
Always buy comfortable cloth for your baby. Avoid harsh patches on the clothes. Look for no collar or soft collar upper-wear. The collar and the patches make the cloth adorable but does not feel comfortable for baby it can give rashes to baby’s neck. You will regret just after 5 minutes you put it on your beautiful child’s body. Make sure the cloth that you are buying has enough space to go through baby’s head; putting tight neck cloth through the newborn infant’s head can hurt him many ways.
3. Buy Clothes According to Weather:-
Always buy clothes that are appropriate for your baby according to the different weather conditions. For winter season consider one-piece outfits that even keeps baby feet warm. Avoid something like sticks around the baby’s waist and makes him comfortable. Don’t buy jeans or pants, although they look fashionable by they are not comfy. For summer season look for open neck cotton upper wear with soft shorts. Buy those cloths that can protect them for heat.
4. Save Money:-
Do not buy exact size cloth of infant always go for 1 or 2 Size ahead of its actual size, the reason behind is babies grow quickly and some fabrics get shrink 10% after first wash. Some stores sell clothes at cheaper rates when you buy them in sets, it does not mean you buy all clothes for summer only. If your baby is 8 months old, buy 14-18 months baby clothes also. You can even sell your old used baby clothes at various websites online.
1. Avoid Choking Hazards:-
Always avoid clothes with extra buttons and zips, your precious baby can swallow them accidentally and from time to time always look for any loose button and broken zip on baby cloth if there is any fix it or change the cloth. In summers buy open neck t-shirts for baby and for winter season buy one piece outfits with no button on sleeves.
2. Don’t Buy Expensive Fashionable Clothes:-
Never buy expensive clothes for your baby there are two reasons for it. First one is babies grow faster so soon those expensive clothes will be worth nothing. Summer clothes are of no use in winters vice versa. The Second the most important reason is fashionable clothes are not comfortable for babies they got patches, zips extra buttons and many more which can irritate baby skin even give him red patches.
3. Don’t Buy Tight Elastic:-
Try to avoid tight elastic pants, jeans, and t-shirt sleeves. Tight elastic cloth can make infant extremely uncomfortable and it can even scratch the part of the body where the elastic rubs. Always look for shorts or pants with mild elastic or with no elastic. Always consider skin friendly clothes for little toddler.
Some Tips Parents Must Take Into Consideration:-
- Buy mild colors for newly born baby.
- Choose fabric that does not create any problem in baby’s breathing.
- Try to find the reason if baby is crying constantly, clothes could be troubling him.
- Don’t buy tight clothes, always look for bit bigger size than actual baby size.
- Choose clothes that are easy to be put on and put off.
- Baby gloves and socks must be extra soft. Giver extra care to the baby’s neck, hands, feet and waist.
- If you are tempted by fashion go for it but stay in baby’s comfort zone.
- If there is a sale going on do not buy clothes in bulk for one season, think intelligently
Positive Life Magazine
Latest posts by Positive Life Magazine (see all)
- ClickBank Order – Mojo Multiplier: Build Muscle, Burn Fat And Increase Energy - March 19, 2017
- Funny Cat Fails Compilation by FailArmy 2017 :)) - March 19, 2017
- Emotional WrestleMania moments – WWE Top 10 - March 19, 2017